Family-friendly discounts for adventures
Exploring as a family can help you create unforgettable memories with your kids all over the map. One of the many things I love about taking the “road less traveled” is having the chance to visit and sightsee new places every time and experience time outdoors. Whether it is in cabin or tent-camping there are many wonderful ways to adventure as a family and try new things to get everyone out of their comfort zones. Beautiful beaches, colorful mountains, clear rivers, wild life sighting…the world is out there to be appreciated (mindfully, of course).
As a family of 4, finding ways to save is always part of our adventure planning. From transportation, campground or lodging fees, meals, wardrobe for specific trips…it can get overwhelming and we know that saving money in certain areas can allow us to enjoy more of our time exploring without the hassle of worrying too much about finances.
Whether you love minimal or adore elaborate there is something out there for everyone and I have compiled a list of family-friendly lodging, shops, transportation and different trip planning savings so you and yours can savor the adventure.
Let's start! Below are great options for saving for your future adventure planning:
1. Sightsee and get to your final destination booking with Amtrak . A family-friendly train ride with the kids that includes meals and has kid discounts. Infants ride free and kids 2-12 ride at 50% off. https://www.amtrak.com/children-discounts
2. Big Bear Mountain Resort offers many kid discounts: from free lift tickets for kids 12 and under to lunch add-ons to save on food. https://www.bigbearmountainresort.com/deals-and-discounts
3. RVshare is a great way to explore and take the road less traveled on an adventure. You can negotiate deals with the renters, rent off-season to save, rent from an owner in a low cost region and save more by planning your meals and using your own supplies. https://rvshare.com
4. Finding the right outdoor wear is a must depending on where you go. Planning a trip to the mountains? Going to the beach? Need hiking boots? There are so many options and so many different shops that offer a variety of outdoor friendly items. Check out sites like Steep & Cheap which are great outdoor clothing and gear outlets. Save money and get great items for your adventure. https://www.steepandcheap.com/ You can also checkout sites like Backcountry for more deals and sale items. https://rstyle.me/+cFhd6g2wbcEzDdwxhuMVzQ
5. If you love visiting U.S National parks there are a couple of ways to get FREE access to these with an America The Beautiful pass. If you have a 4th grader or homeschool equivalent, if you are currently serving in the Military or are a dependent, if you are a Gold Star Spouse or Veteran, if you have a determined permanent disability. You can find a location near you to get your pass or order online. https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pickup-pass-locations.htm
6. Getaway and rent a modern cabin at different locations across the U.S. Need a bit more glam? Totally fine, check all the available places and accomodations through Getaway. They offer Military, first responders, healtcare professionals and student discounts. From Seattle to Washington D.C pick a pack and enjoy! Save $25 off your 1st stay here https://fbuy.io/getaway/daniellahorne
7. Adventure with REI. Tag along with REI on their set up itineraries and enjoy the outdoors. Kids 17 and under get a discount of trip tickets. Their planned trips cater to families and have a fun guide to help along. https://www.rei.com/adventures/resources/family You can also join REI's co-op with one time fee and get access to all the member perks and savings. https://www.rei.com/membership
8. Going on an adventure might not always go as planned but in most locations there will always be a Denny's and guess what? Kid's eat free with adult entrée purchase of $6 or more. This changes day according to location however this is great to have in mind in case things do not go as planned. You can also stop by Denny's on the way to your destination or on the way back home. https://www.dennys.com/rewards
Hope these help plan your future family-friendly adventures! No matter where you go, I know you will make lovely memories and of course enjoy all the little things and time together!